Sunday 30 May 2010

Anyone for Anya - Dawny P Sketch Time!

Crikey, it's been a long time since you heard from me, hasn't it? I really felt like I needed to take a bit of a break from crafting as it was starting to feel like a total chore. It was almost as if I was basically on a card making production line, just churning out stuff because I had to, rather than because I wanted to. As this is my hobby rather than my job, this was really bad news! So, I took a little break and also made the huge decision with the rest of the DT to close the Copic Colour Challenge blog. If you've ever run a challenge blog before, you'll know that it truly is a surprisingly huge committment. Well, it is when you also work full time anyway! Therefore, with a teary goodbye, the CCC blog is no more.... 

However, after my little break, I tentatively pulled out my Copics yesterday and started colouring an image and remembered why I started this hobby - I love it! So I got inky and gluey and made this creation for today's Anyone for Anya challenge.....!

OK, it's not my most favourite card ever but it is actually a card which I did enjoy making! The first time this has happened in a couple of months, I can tell you. I followed this weeks Dawny P sketch as well, which always makes me happy!

The gorgeous MME papers are from the wonderful Tracy over at Dies to Die For. You can find these little beauties HERE. As for your Copics, those are right about..... HERE! You can see the colours I used below.

Goodie List........ 
Digi Stamps: WS Audrey by The Greeting Farm.
Paper: My Minds Eye - Quite Contrary - Little Boy Blue.
Copic Markers: E00, E11, E29, E31, E33, E35, E37, E50, R20, R22, R81, R83, R85, YG03, YG63, YG67, BG15, BG23, BG49, W1, W3, W5, W7 - available HERE from Dies to Die For.
Tools & Embellishments: 'Ticket Sentiments' Stamp available HERE at Whimsy, gems from stash.

I am entering this card in to the following challenges....

Crafty Angels - Teal & Brown.
Simon Says Stamp - Pink or Blue with Green & Brown.

So there we go. I finally made a card! I have the in-laws coming today but I really hope to get a chance to stop by your blogs tonight to catch up with everything you have been up to. 
Pin It

3 comments:

Sarah said...

It's good to see you back hun. It's surprising how many people are feeling that same way as you, that it's not felt like a hobby. As you said, it starts to take the enjoyment out of everything.
I'm glad you enjoyed making this card, it's fab hun! Amazing colouring as always.
I hope you have a lovely afternoon, just try and chill out and relax.
xx :0)

Julie said...

It's good to see you back! X

Jane said...

WOW! stunning card! your colouring is amazing and I love the papers! thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp, hugs, Jane xxx