Sunday 9 January 2011

It's Been a Long Time Coming.....

... but I am finally updating my blog! So sorry I've been away for so long. Life has been hectic to say the least over the couple of months and I have had very little free time. However, New Year, new start. I'm desperate to get inky so hopefully you will see a few more creations over the coming weeks and months. That's the plan anyway.....!

This year is a scary year as me and my best friends turn 30. ARGH! Here is the first 30 card of the year which I made the other night.

Although this card came together quickly, I think it is safe to say that my colouring skills are a little rusty. Oh well, more practice needed and maybe even a few more sneaky Copic purchases! My babies! I've missed you! ;o) 

Goodie List........ 
Stamps: Kenny K.
Paper: 'Urban Prairie' by Basic Grey, Bazzill Kraft card.
Copic Markers: E00, E02, E11, E29, E31, E33, E35, E37, E50, E57, R20, R22, R81, R83, R85, YG03, YG63, YG67, YR23, B12, W1, W3, W5, W7 - available HERE from Dies to Die For. 
Tools & Embellishments: Nestabilities, Thickers and gems from stash.

I also managed a squeeze a few challenges in to this card which I was really pleased about as I've so missed playing along with everyone. 

Sketch & Stash - I followed the sketch and used my favourite 'old' stash, my beloved BG Urban Prairie. 
Cute Card Thursday - Out with the Old - I used up some really old Thickers which have just been gathering dust!
Charisma Cardz - Birthdays and Celebrations - Well, you don't get much more of a celebration than the big 3-0 do you?!
Stamp Something - Digi Day - I used Kenny K, my fave digi company of the minute. 

So that's it from me today. I'm off to do a little bit of blog hopping now and to see what you have all been up to since I've been AWOL!

Thanks for stopping by today :o)
Pin It

23 comments:

Julie said...

Hi Stacy, Happy New Year, it's nice to see you back. Your colouring skills look as good as ever to me and your card is lovely.

~amy~ said...

hey hey there stacey...welcome back:) Your card is fab and your coloring skills are spot on:)

Sarah said...

Happy New Year Stacey! It's good to see you back! Your card is fab and there's certainly nothing wrong with your colouring skills!

Turning 30 isn't all that bad either, I did that 2 1/2 years ago!!

Sarah xx :0)

Julie said...

It's so good to see you back! You can still work magic with those babies even if you do feel rusty! Happy New Year,Julie.x

Beth said...

OMG!! I'm sooo glad you're back and blogging again! I've missed your bright and funky cards!! I was going to send you an xmas card but I thought you might have put this whole blogging malarkey behind you!
And rusty, schmusty - your colouring is fabulous as always, I love this card! Me and my friends are all on the 29th birthdays this year and I think I'll stop celebrating them after that! ;-)
Anyway, I'll stop jabbering on! Glad you're back!

Love Beth xx

Dotty Jo said...

Worth the wait hun, this is fab! Jo x

The Crafty Den said...

What a gorgeous card. Thanks for joining our 2nd birthday celebrations over at Charisma cardz challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Michelle Short said...

Lovely to see you back Stacey and happy new year! Your card is fab and your colouring skills amazing as ever xx

Tasha said...

Oh wow this is totally cool, love the funky colours and the design
love tasha xx

Crystal said...

So happy to see you back Stacey, Happy New Year!! WOW I just LOVE these images, you did a brillant job with her!!! Fantastic creation!!!!

Victoria said...

Great to see you again Stacey! Doesn't appear to be anything wrong with your colouring skills to me! Love it! Happy new year!
Hugs, Vicky ~x~

cardsandacuppa said...

Helloo stranger,
good to see you back in the swing of it :-) hope you had a great Christmas and New Year,
Hugs xx

Christina said...

That is a gorgeous card Stacey! Good to see you back!
Hugs Kristel

debby4000 said...

Lovely to see you back Stacey and what a gorgeous card to start the year.
luv
Debby

Sue said...

fabulous card,great image and gorgeous papers:)

Thank you for joining us at sketch and stash

sue
xx

Lynsey said...

Hi Stacey, what a wonderful card! Your colouring looks fab!
Hugs Lynsey x

Janet said...

Lovely to see you back Chick.....stunning card to start the year with....love it! x

Vee said...

Oooh!! what a fabulous card, thanks for joining our Birthday/Celebration challenge at Charisma.
xx Vee

Boo said...

Hi Stacey, Happy New Year !!!!
Love this card, absolutely gorgeous.
Colours used on this card are just fab..

Luv Rach xx

Jacilynn said...

this is adorable! your coloring is perfect! love this ;)

Vanja said...

Fabulous card! Great colouring.
Thank you for joining us at CCT! :)
Hugs, Vanja

Leah l'Orange said...

gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! fabby clean lines and wonderful colouring! thanks for joining the Charisma Gals this week! :)

Sue said...

Nice to see you back Stacey. Lovely card really lovely colouring.