Saturday 1 November 2008

I'm back!

Hi Folks! Well, as you have probably realised, I have returned from my trip away. We had a great time in Sheffield and Ali did really well at the National Masters Swimming Championships - 2 golds, a silver and a bronze. Clever boy!

I've been very busy since I got back as I was asked to make a few cards by my colleague at work. However, 2 out of 3 I loathed (she loved them luckily!) so I didn't bother taking pics of them. But, the 3rd and final card is alright so I thought I'd share it with you!


The brief was to make a card for a 7 year old boy who has just taken up rugby. So, I decided to use one of Kerry's gorgeous doodles which she kindly offers free on her blog. The only problem was that the doodle was holding a football rather than a rugby ball so I had to erase the football and draw in a rugby ball (which looks more like an Easter egg if you ask me!). I layered the image up using 3D pads onto some Kirsty Wiseman digi paper and paperpieced the shorts from the same paper. The rest is coloured using my beloved Promarkers.

The one really good thing to come out of this card is that I now have Paint Shop Pro X2 and even better..... IT WAS FREE!!! Basically, I threw my toys out of the pram royally trying to remove the football in MS Paint. It was hopeless! So, sick of my tantrums, Ali managed to get me PSP from work! Woo-hoo! Now I just need to work out how to use the blinking thing...... Any help and advice GREATLY appreciated!

I'll be back tomorrow with my next 'Am I a Scrap Addict?' DT card. Have a great weekend everyone!

Pin It

6 comments:

Victoria said...

Fab card Stacey. You've done a really good job changing the football for a rugby ball. I wouldn't have a clue how to do it! Great colours , I'm sure he will love it!
Have a great weekend, hope you manage to get some crafting done!
Hugs, Vicky x

Glittertastic said...

This is so cute - love it!

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Really cute card....love Kerry's image and your rugby ball looks fab. Re PSP X2, look on About.com and search on PSP X2 - you'll see lots of tutorials to pick from..xx

Sandra said...

Love your card... bet the other two were great too!
Hugs
Sandra xx

Zoe said...

I love this card! Kerry's little footballer is fab and those papers are cool! I use the papers quite a lot for teenager cards!

kerry said...

Great card Stacey & I'm pleased the image could be of use!
I think you did a great job with the rugby ball, love those pp's too!!!
Kerry xxx
btw, if you want to play I've tagged you.