Tuesday 17 March 2009

Gift for a Friend

After I was sent this gorgoeus little folder from Zoe the other day, I knew I had better send something nice to repay her! After much searching, I found a tutorial for a cute little folder made of envelopes. As I was sending Zoe a selection of images, I decided that this was the project for me! You can find the tutorial that I followed here. Its easier than you think, I promise!

Here is the view from the front, when the folder is all done up. I used my new Stampin' Up DP in Bashful Blue. What do you think of the sentiment?! Isn't it fun?! I received this stamped image recently from Sheila and I just love it!

Here is the view from the top. You can see the envelopes containing all of the stamped images. The Stampin' Up tab thingies are also visible here. I left them deliberately blank so that Zoe could personalise the folder herself for whatever she ultimately decides to keep in there. I actually ordered these punch-outs off Australian ebay (!) as I wanted to make sure I would use them before I went ahead and ordered the punch. I really like them though so I guess thats just one more thing to add to my wish list!

And finally, here is the side view. I love how it looks so neat and tidy. It's a great present to send through the post as it folds up flat so nothing gets damaged.

It's amazing what you can create using some old envelopes that have lost their stick and a Weetabix box isn't it?!

Goodie List........
Stamps: From image swap - Sheila, where did you get it?!
Paper: Stampin' Up! Bashful Blue DP.
Embellishments: Nestabilities, Stampin' Up! tab punchies, Eyelets and ribbon from stash.

Hope you are all enjoying this wonderful weather!

Pin It

24 comments:

Nikki Fairbairn said...

What a great gift idea stacey and such a wonderful design, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Jackie said...

Oh wow! This is brilliant and so pretty :o)
Thank you for the link to the tutorial.
Jackie xx

~amy~ said...

Stacey, what a super fun project and gift!!!

Anonymous said...

`WoW` It is `beautiful Stacey..Zoe will love her gift..TFS
Have a lovely Day:)♥

Steph said...

What a great project - I must give this a go!

Re Misi: Just sell your cards at reasonable prices and then it's down to the personal choice of the customer. Mine aren't flying out the door either :(

Hope things pick up for both of us!
xx

Dawn Wheeler said...

Oh wow its stunning fabulous work babe xxxx brilliant ,hugs Dawnxxx

cardsandacuppa said...

Wow this is fantastic. I am DEFINATELY going to have a go at this,
Thanks, Sarah-Jane xx

Unknown said...

Cannot believe you've only been card-making for 1 year!!
You're WAY too talented to that new!
I love your take on the folder. Gorgeous.
Viv xx

Rach said...

what a fabulous gift idea. hugs rachxx

Sheila Hallworth said...

Hi :) G-o-r-g-e-o-u-s folder... The sentiment stamp is from another of my FAVE companies 'Verve'. Link is here

It's called Beautiful You

I'll send you some more soon ;)

Riet said...

what a gorgeous creation Stacey.

hugs Riet.x

Julia said...

What a gorgeous folder and if it's as easy as you say, I might try one myself! Thanks for the link. xx

Julie said...

What a fab project, it looks really great

http://acraftynutter.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

This looks great! I must try this out :o)

Beth said...

Wow!! This is gorgeous - such a lovely gift and I love these papers! xx

Sam said...

Wow, what a great idea, will defo have to give this one a go! So you finally cut into your paper then!! I've had some gorgeous papers delivered today, from the mini catalogue. Fancy buying your tabs from Ebay - I would have happily put some in the post for you. Catch up soon.
Sam x

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Oh wow....wow.....and wow....gorgeous! xx

Nicole Bailey said...

OMG! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!
Love the "prettiness" of it and the functionality!

I also wanted to tell you how much I LOVE the name of your blog...it always makes me smile because I'm left handed too....in a right handed world!! lol. :O)

Sue said...

Wow, I love this, what a great idea, it looks great. I think I will go have a look at the tutorial. Thanks for sharing. Sue.x

cats whiskers said...

What a fantastic gift idea hun I am going to have to have a go at this one thanks for the link
Hugs Jacqui x

Carole said...

Fabulous gift...and so pretty.
Hugs
Carole x

Nikki said...

This is so Pretty and a great gift idea thanks for posting the link to the tut
Nikki C

Anonymous said...

Stacey,
This is gorgeous. You need to do a tutorial for it though so I can have a go
:D

Shell

Zoe said...

Wow Stacey this is Fab! What a lovely gift idea. I have recently bought the stampin up tab punch after having admired it for months! and I love it as you can probably tell from my most recent cards!