Tuesday 10 March 2009

Sketch Saturday

I'm pleased to report that 2 days later I have still not calmed down about my DT-ship with Dies to Die For! I'm still totally bouncing off the walls! I have forced myself to sit still long enough to make a card for this weeks Sketch Saturday challenge though......

I lurve this Whiff of Joy image but unfortunately, it is one I received in a swap a couple of months back and it is quite a faint impression. It doesn't show up so much in real life (which is why I used it in the first place!) but once it is photographed.... it really does look a bit anemic :o(

However..... whilst I am a bit behind the times, I simply adore my new Urban Prairie papers! I've been drooling over them for ages but finally went for it and ordered some gorgeous 12x12 sheets the other day. Are they not divine? Especially with the exceedingly yummy Primas?!

Goodie List........
Stamps: Whiff of Joy, Studio G sentiment.
Paper: Basic Grey - Urban Prairie.
Ink & Colour: Memento (Tuxedo Black) and Copics.
Embellishments: Dew Drops, charm from ebay, Prima flowers, ribbon and buttons from stash.

By the way, as you may have noticed, I've just started getting into buttons. The only problem is that I am having a total 'mare trying to get them to stick to my card. They are fine when they are at the 'just buttons' stage but once you tie them with something, they are precariously balanced to say the least. I've tried double sided tape, 3d pads, didi dots, mini dots..... the only option left is to actually stitch them on, which I really don't want to do. So...... anybody got any top tips?!

Pin It

21 comments:

Beth said...

Oh, fabulous card Stacey! I love the papers! I use wet glue for my buttons because it 'floods' the back of the button and sticks solid! xx

lampwork beads by jo said...

another georgous card

Jo said...

Congrats! sure you'll be an asset to their DT

Beautiful card! Cute image.
The flowers and buttons pick out the colours in those gorgeous papers.
Thank you for joining us this week on sketch saturday.
Jo xx

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Great card Stacey..love the BG papers..such pretty colours. Gorgeous image!1 I use silicone glue for my buttons....takes a wee while to dry but are stuck solid once it is dry!
Judy xx

pickle said...

Hi Stacey. You do make me giggle. I can almost feel your excitement from here lol

Gorgeous card, love everything about it!

I use a wet glue for my button too, usually anitas tacky.

Kerry x

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous Stacey. I do in fact sew my buttons on sometimes but I use tape to stick the thread down inside but I always put in a paper insert in my cards.

CraftyC said...

A gorgeous card Stacey,great bp's!
Clairex

~amy~ said...

SWEET card Stacey...love your choice of papers...I use that red liner tape...I gotta check out the silicone glue, that sounds big time glue-y!

Jenn said...

Gorgeous card! Love those primas!

Sam said...

Great card Stacey, love those papers, not got them yet! I use a hot glue gun or UHU to stick buttons on.
Sam x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Stacey, love the cute image and the pretty papers and buttons. Conratulations on your dt post. Hugs Nikki x

Riet said...

what a beautiful card Stacey,l love the image and colours.

hugs Riet.x

Rach said...

huge congrats hun on your dt post.. whooo hoo. love your card that you have made, and your new profile piccy is fab..
I stick my buttons (and most other things as well) with fabri-tac, by beacon adhesives..it is quick drying too.
Hugs Rachxx

Bev said...

Oh this is so pretty!! Love those gorgeous papers and fabulusly coloured image x

Anonymous said...

Absolutly `beautiful` Stacey...love the papers and the buttons:)♥

cats whiskers said...

Oh Hun what fabulous papers and great colouring ofthe lovely Melinda Image, just a perfect card
Hugs Jacqui x

Mariska said...

First a big congratulations on making the DT! Secondly, love your card. Gorgeous papers and love your colouring of the Whiff of Joy image. Thank you for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week!

xxx
Mariska

Nessie said...

great news Stacey,well done you.

I find that using a cheap dye based ink pad works well with copics/promarkers. The Staz on makes a right mess with copics.

xxx

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Gorgeous Stacey....love the papers (must have me some of those) and your choice of flowers/buttons look fab!....I use a ZIG two way glue pen/stick....and find that holds 'anything' perfectly...xx

Sheila Hallworth said...

Gorge card again.

I use Anita's tacky pva glue too. You only need a little bit, the buttons stick fast and it dries clear which is great if any drops seep through the holes :)

Leann said...

I was a bit slow with these papers too Stacey ~ I've only just broke into mine!
Stunning card hun :)
Hugs x
Oooooh, congrats on the DT spot too!