Saturday 5 April 2008

2nd Round of Tildas....

Well, as you can see, I have been to work with my solitary Tilda stamp again! I'm not sure these attempts are quite as successful as my last attempts.

The first card was made simply by layering pink spotty Papermania paper and pale pink card on to a card blank. On to this, I used 3D pads to mount a stamped image of Tilda. I coloured the image with watercolour pencil and inked the edges with pink ink. The card was finished with a pink flower (found in Tesco!) and 3 eyelets.

I'm not convinced about it........looks a bit plain. But then do I like it like that? Ooh, I'm not sure........!

For the second card, I used my yummy K&Co Amy Butler papers. I stamped Tilda in black ink and coloured her with watercolour pencils. Unfortunately, as I was mounting the image, my knife decided to go do-lally and ripped half of the purple card. After a quick bit of improvisation, I made a scalloped edge to go across the bottom which I them embellished with white gel pen and adhesive gems. Again, I'm really not sure about this card. If anyone can work out where I am going wrong, please do let me know!
Pin It

5 comments:

Chris Steer said...

I don't think you are going wrong at all - I think they are both gorgeous - I love the improvised scallop effect - you'll have to do that again!
Chris x

Katty Bell said...

Hi Stacey,
Nothing is wrong with your cards at all, they are all stunning! You have a good eye for colour & design. Have confidence in your abilities, you've got a real talent... enjoy it!
Katty.X

kerry said...

Your cards are fab, just keep doing what you have been!!
Just read your tagged comments, now understand about the giraffe, I should have sent the card to you, Tom was not impressed at all....lol.
Kerry xx

Anonymous said...

I think your cards are great Stacey.I love your choice of colours,this one paticular is nice cos I love K&Co Amy Butler Papers!!!Lol
I think your colouring is fantastic...Way to go...;0

Joana24 said...

i think is prefect the way it is (recognize does papers :))
love tilda stamps