Friday 11 April 2008

Desperate for Inspiration

I've been struggling with ideas this week. Do you ever get those nights where you just sit there and nothing comes to you? Well, thats what I've been like this week. So, I went back to basics!

This is a {very} simple card made totally from Pink Petticoat - ooh, and a little bit of ribbon! I figured that if I kept it simple and didn't try to be in any way adventurous, it might kickstart my brain again! Hopefully, it has worked........

I then went on to make this card for my friend Claire at work. Both of us are obsessed with food and constantly on a diet so the sentiment seemed very apt! I also had a go at paper piecing the image with a coordinating Pink Petticoat paper. It's the first time I've done this but I really like the effect.

As I've been having such difficulties getting going this week {no idea why}, I am quite pleased with these attempts. Hopefully, I am now rid of my brain freeze and free to carry on with a weekend of crafting!

Apologies again for the pictures - I have followed the instructions you all gave me earlier in the week but it is still disasterous! I'll have another go tonight but I may need to just accept that I am never going to be a professional photographer! ~x~

Pin It

23 comments:

Kazza said...

lovely cards Stacey :O)

kerry said...

Great cards Stacey, love the colour of the 'blue' & your paper piecing looks really effective!
I'm with you, some times I really want to craft but end up sitting in front of my stash staring into space, sure my hubby thinks I'm mad sometimes...lol.
Kerry xx

Aimee said...

Love the cards! Great colors! I think I need to get that shoe stamp. :) Have a great day!

Vicki Hook said...

Yes! I hate it when I lose my stamping mo-jo! Yours turned out great though!

Zoe said...

I've not had much enthusiasm this week I have to say! Sometimes when I put my cards up on my blog though and look back at them, they look better than how I see them in the flesh! Weird. Both your cards are really lovely, sometimes the simple ideas are the best. I have thought about having a go at the paper peicing too, but havent got round to it yet. It looks really effective. Zoe x

pickle said...

I know the feeling!! Sometimes i just sit there and stare at all my stuff and nothing comes to me. other times i can make six or seven cards in no time at all.
Anyway "going back to basics" has really worked. They are both lovely cards but i ADORE the blue one. The paper piecing looks really effective.
kerry x

Unknown said...

i have an award for u on my blog :) x

Janet said...

Two fab cards Stacey! I love the purple one it's gorg!X

Percy said...

Beautiful cards!

kerry said...

Hi Stacey, apologies for teasing you but if you pop over to my blog there might be something of interest?!....Kerry xxx

Tarasdesigns said...

lovely cards, really love the blue one. Someone has stolen my mojo as well, I end up just reorganising my stash!!!

TAra x

Saz said...

lovely cards stacey, i have an award on my blog for you sara x

http://saz1984.blogspot.com

Jennifer Buck said...

Well...your basics rock, girlie! These are awesome! Thanks so much for sharing and for entering my blog giveaway! I have tagged you and hope you will play. I will post in just a few! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

Unknown said...

I just love this card! The colours are great and the image fab. Deb x

tracie said...

gorgeous cards Stacey, thanks for visting my blog and your kind comments :-)x

Anonymous said...

Well I think your cards are great Stacey...you look as tho you got no probs with ya mojo to me!!!
but I think we all feel that from time to time...
You pictures look great:)Hope your having a great weekend:)x

Angela K said...

Great cards!

Dawn said...

Love the Bella sentiment! Cute cards.

Vicki May said...

What lovely cards. And yes I agree, I struggle alot sometimes. But if you want a real sad thing? I sleep with a notepad next to the bed, as I sometimes wake in the night with ideas lol. Now that's taking it too the limits lol.

Dawn Wheeler said...

Fabulous cards ,realy brilliant ,Dawnx

Vicki said...

Beautiful cards Stacey, love the blue one, which is normally a colour I dont tend to go for but this is lovely. I know the feeling, I did try to do some crafting today, stamped an image, coloured part of it in and thought what on earth am I doing, gave up, visited blogland instead....lol!!! xx vicki xx

made by fifi said...

fab cards xx

Julie said...

Both these cards are gorgeous, I really like the one with the paper piecing, fab work