Friday 30 May 2008

And Now for Something a Bit Different.....!

Some of you might remember that I was asked to make another card to go along with the Bratz one that I made last week. The brief was that it was for a little boy who loved soldiers and tanks. After getting myself in a tiz about what to do, I managed to find a digi kit which saved my bacon! I think it fits the bill don't you?!

The papers in the kit coordinated perfectly with each other so every bit of paper on the card came from the kit - which made life very easy! The only really time consuming thing was cutting out the jeep which proved very hard with large kitchen scissors! Must invest in some 'ickle dainty ones I think! The jeep and its matting are actually raised quite a lot on 3D pads but unfortunately, this didn't come out in the picture. I finished the whole thing with ribbon, star brads and a computer generated sentiment (designed to look like a military style typed message!).

My friend loved it. And, I was so chuffed with myself as I've never before made a card such a masculine card!

Actually, on that note.......

Please accept this as my entry for the super-dooper Dies to Dies For competition! Ooh, what I'd do to get my grubby mitts on all that lovely stash...........!!!

UPDATE: Lots of you have asked where you can get this fab digi kit. Check it out here. It's called 'Camo Kisses for Boys'. They also do a funky pink one for the girlies!

Pin It

14 comments:

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Wow Stacey, This is super. What a fantastic job you have done on this card. The tank is brilliant and I love the paper. Hugs, Nikki x

mel4christ said...

Ok, that came out awesome. How perfect is that???? Love it. Oh, I saw that you tagged me. I will do my best to get that posted. I'm leaving for vacation for a week so I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it before I leave. Thanks for thinking of me!

Melanie

Zoe said...

Fab card, what a great kit, where did you get it? I bet he'll really love it!

Aimee said...

Stacey, this is awesome! you do such amazing work! I love that jeep and the paper you used. Must find that jeep, was it part of the kit you used? Have a great day!

Jenn said...

Super cool card!!! I like the little star brads, it's a nice touch!!! :D The tank is awesome, GREAT JOB! :D

Kelly Schelske said...

Perfect, it looks super!! Great job:-)

Sheila Hallworth said...

Great card again Stacey. It was wirth the searching to get to that point. Am desperate to get hold of some camoflague paper myself, so please let me know where you got it from?

Cheers for the tagging (groan) Have doneit, but hope I don't get tagged any more cos I'm running out of things to say about myself!

Sam said...

Fantastic card Stacey, you should be chuffed. I am sure Sam will just love it!
Sam x

made by fifi said...

this one was well worth the wait - love it xx

Janet said...

Wow stacey! It's a cracker! lol Love it!X

Beth said...

This is brilliant! He'll love it!

Thank you so much for my Zoobies parcel! It came this morning. It's so thoughtfull of you and I'm made up! Thanks! :) xx

Cass said...

Fantastic card.My little bot would love it.

Cass xxx

Dawn said...

You did a great job! I know several guys that would like that!

kerry said...

Brilliant! Love it!!!
Kerry xxx