Thursday 22 October 2009

Penny Black Saturday Challenge #71

I've always had a bit of a mental block when it comes to Penny Black stamps.... I just can't seem to colour the little blighters. So when Tracy sent me the new Tiny Wishes set in my latest DT pack, I was determined to face my demons. And do you know what? ...... I think I succeeded!

However, I think I was probably helped along the way by the fab sketch over on the Penny Black Saturday Challenge this week. I've always wanted to join in, but have never been able to in the past. Hurrah for me! :o)

Goodie List........
Stamps:
Tiny Wishes by Penny Black, from Dies to Die For.
Paper: 'Ooh La La' by My Minds Eye, available from Dies to Die For.
Cardstock: Bazzill Kraft.
Ink & Colour: Memento (Tuxedo Black) & Copic markers.

Thanks for stopping by today! I will be back tomorrow with a card for a brand new Whimsy blog hop! Make sure you stop by :o)

Pin It

13 comments:

Sarah said...

This is great Stacey, I definitely think you have conquered your fear of Penny Blacks! Love the pastel DP that you've used too.
xx :0)

~amy~ said...

well, you did a magnificent job on the sweet pb image...darling card Stacey...

scrapn_momof2 said...

Love Penny Black. Your card is just adorable.

Tara said...

Such an adorable card Stacey and those papers are totally delish!
Hugs Tara xx

jojo79 said...

Great card Stacey

Tab said...

oooh hun, I love your delish card, the colours and image are gorgeous! Love the papers too!
Hugs Tab xxx

cats whiskers said...

Fabulous card Stacey I love that image which you have coloured perfectly
Hugs Jacqui x

Mel X said...

Great card, love the colours!

Mel X

Kath Stewart said...

welcome to Penny Black Saturday Stacey...so glad you could join us and wow isn't this just the cutest little miss hedgie...fab colour work and love how you used Nat's sketch...thanks for joining in the fun and we hope to see you often...hugs kath xxxx

Pauline C said...

Welcome to PBSC Stacyy and glad you found us! Very cute card and fab use of the sketch. Thanks for joining in this week's PBSC and hope to see you again soon.
Pauline x

Beth said...

Yey! I'm so glad you could join us! I love this card too! The papers are delish and I love this cute image! Thanks for joining us this week - hope to see you back, no excuses now!!

Beth xx

Nena said...

This is just a precious card! I would
love to know what Copic colors you
used!

Debbie said...

This is fabulous Stacey and you have coloured your PB hedgie beautifully. I love th pretty papers too! Debbie x