Sunday 2 August 2009

4 Challenges in 1 Card & Exciting News!

Can you believe it?! I managed to squeeze 4 challenges in to just 1 VERY bright card! It's a bit of a first for me and I am feeling rather pleased with myself! Not a huge fan of the card but pleased with the 'challengeability' of it! The 4 challenges and the requirements are:

1. Secret Crafter - Sketch.
2. Stamp with Fun - Pearls.
3. ABC - Yellow.
4. Creative Card Crew - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.


I have had these Making Memories papers for ages but have barely used them as they are so bright! I've always thought they were too busy to put together too but yesterday I was feeling brave and just decided to go for it!

Goodie List........
Stamps:
'Flutter Anya' by The Greeting Farm, available from Dies to Die For.
Paper: Making Memories.
Ink & Colour: Memento (Tuxedo Black) & Copic markers.
Tools & Embellishments: Nestabilities and pearls from stash.

So, as the title of this post indicates, I have some VERY exciting news to share with you. A little while ago, I tentatively entered in to the Whimsy Stamps DT call. I say tentatively as I kinda knew I wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting picked. Well, lets just say, I clearly know nothing as Denise has asked me to join the Whimsy team!

It actually took me a while to reply to Denise's email as I spent quite some time leaping round the house in celebration! I am so grateful to get the chance to work with such a talented DT and can't wait for my first stamps to arrive so that I can start crafting up a storm! :o)

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend and that the sun is shining on you, wherever you are!

Pin It

32 comments:

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

fabulous

thanks for joining us this week on SCSC & ABC :)

Hugs Jane x

Helen said...

Gorgeous card - love the bright colours!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
Helen x

PS - congrats on your new DT post too!

Dawn Wheeler said...

Hi Babe xxx
huge congrats on your new DT post xxx brilliant news your cards are so fab xx
stunning card to day to love the papers and the image
hugs Dawnxxx

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Congratulations Stacey! A really well deserved position. Can't wait to join you for a shorter period in October.
Love your card for today - awesome colouring on the image and such pretty papers.
Thanks for joining us at the Creative Card Crew Challenge.
Sharon xx

Donna said...

Incredibly pretty card Stacey, such a pretty image and papers! congrats on your DT position! Thanks for playing along with SCSC Donna x

Victoria said...

Gorgeous card Stacey. These papers go beautifully together with the image! Congrats on your DT position, I know how excited you must be!
Hope you've had a great weekend!
Hugs, Vicky ~x~

Sheila Hallworth said...

It's a fab card, what are you talking about woman?! Don't you just love it when you can do all that combining?

Congrats on yet another DT. Well done Stacey!

Sheila :)

Rach said...

well done on the challenge combo sweetie, fab cards. love the papers.. and huge congrats to you on your DT position.. way to go.. hugs rachxx

Janet said...

Oooo well done Chuck! We have all come a long way since our Do Craft days!lol

Lovely card and I am not surprised you were asked!X

Jill said...

ohh Stacey your card is absolutely stunning, I love your DP they are yummy and work so well together, fab image and beautiful colouring, thanks so much for joining us at scsc hugS Jill xx

Anonymous said...

Your card is very sweet!! Wanted to stop and welcome you to the Whimsy team!! I look forward to working with you!! HUGS

Alysabeth said...

Congrats:o) I cant wait to work with you, it's gunna be a blast!

Sarah said...

Gorgeous card Stacey! I think the papers work really well together and we need some brightness after this naff weather! Congrats on making the Whimsy Stamp DT, you are so talented I'm not surprised you've been chosen!
xx :0)

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Stacey,what a beautiful card,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

CraftyC said...

Hiya Stacey, see you made it onto the team, well done and cant wait to be working with you on the Whimsy DT. Lovin your card, very pretty, thanks for taking part in this weeks SCSC
Clairexx

Dawn said...

Gorgeously cute!

and well done on the DT

Thanks for joining us on ABC

Dawn

Leann said...

Congrats Stacey!
Hugs x

Oh and it's a flippin' gorgeous card ;)

Sharon said...

Well done on the DT Stacey,
hugs
Sharon

Sam said...

WOW, well done you. I can understand why you are excited, fantastic news. Well done on combining 4 challenges in one card.
Hope you are enjoying your time off.
Sam x

raindropecho said...

This is so adorable! Love your blog title, too. Can't wait to work with you :D
- Ann

~amy~ said...

absolutely darling Stacey!!

~amy~ said...

P.S. Congrats on your new DT!!

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, wonderful sweet image and those papers are lovely.
Congrats on your Dt place.
luv
Debby

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Stacey. Love the image you've used and the colouring also. Congrats on your DT position at Whimsy and look forward to working alongside you. Hugs Michele x

Tasha said...

What a fabulous card - beautiful colours - great design i think its fab
Thank you for joining in the Creative Card Crew challenge
love tasha xx

Tasha said...

What a fabulous card - beautiful colours - great design i think its fab
Thank you for joining in the Creative Card Crew challenge
love tasha xx

http://acraftynutter.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

I love the colours as I love the card!

Tab said...

Oooh I love your sweet card, the image is adorable and such delish colours too!

Huge congrats hun, that is fab news, can't wait to see what you create!
Hugs Tab xxx

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Super sweet card Stacey!! I love that dp! I just used some the other day its so fun!

Paula said...

Congratulations Stacey.

Your card is fabulous lovely details and great colours thanks for taking part in the Creative Card Crew Challenge.
Paula xxxx

Cathy said...

Fabulous card. Great image and colours.
Thank you for joining in the SCSC and ABC this week.
Cathy xx

MarkerGeek said...

Congrats Stacey! Looking forward to checking out all your Whimsy creations!