Wednesday 5 August 2009

Copic Colour Challenge #25

Oh, what a palaver I have had this morning.....! I was super organised this week and made my DT card for Copic Colour Challenge at the weekend. It was all made, photographed, enhanced, watermarked and completely ready to go. Safe in this knowledge, I sat down this morning to write-up this weeks CCC blog entry and had a bit of a surprise.... my fellow DT-ers cards all looked drastically different to mine. A little confused, I logged in to our little 'behind the scenes' forum, and quickly realised that I had in fact been a little over eager and had used the colours for NEXT week, THIS week! Doh! What then followed was a bit of frantic card making, just with the RIGHT colours this time! Oh well, at least I am now a week ahead of myself ;o)
It doesn't show up very well, but you might notice that I inked up the corners of my image, whilst it was still in the Nestie. It's a technique that I've been meaning to try for ages and one which I've seen on quite a few of my fave US blogs. It is also my attempt at trying to convince myself that I don't technically need a Copic airbrush system.....! Needless to say it looks better in real life but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Goodie List........
Stamps:
'Lattebella' by Stamping Bella.
Paper: 'Urban Prairie' by Basic Grey, Core'dination CS, Bazzill 'Kraft' CS.
Ink & Colour: Memento (Tuxedo Black), Versamagic 'Aspen Mist' & Copic markers.
Tools & Embellishments: Nestabilities.

Ali has designated this 'Crafting Day' and is occupying himself all day so that I can play with my lovely craft goodies to my hearts content! So, I'm gonna dash now as that is certainly an offer that I cannot refuse!
Pin It

10 comments:

Sharon said...

Love the card Stacey, no signs that it's been done in a hurry although I did notice the before & after posts on Google Reader from CCC lol!!
Have my image coloured just need to put the card together. Hopefully will be toaday but have just had a phone call reminding me about 4 Christening cards for this Sat!!8th!! I thought the Christening was on 18th so haven't even made a start!!
Could do with your designated craft day lol!!
hugs

Sharon x

Rach said...

lol that is the kind of thing that i would do Stacey.. though looking at your card today, i wouldn't have guessed that it had been made in a frantic card making session.. it is gorgeous sweetie. hugs rachxx

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! I love that Basic Grey paper.

Sam said...

Fab card Stacey. You wouldn't know it was done in a rush. Like the effect of inking up while still in the die, very effective. Hope you have enjoyed your crafting day.
Sam x

Sheila Hallworth said...

Super duper card and just as effective as the airbrush system; which is getting dusty on my shelf at the mo :( Off tomorrow tho', so I might squeeze in some more practice then.

Back to the grindstone on Monday? Boooo!

Sheila :)

Victoria said...

I LOVE this card Stacey. The urban prarie papers are just so yummy! Fab shading around the image as well! Must give this technique a go myself!
Hope you had a very enjoyable and productive 'craft day'!
Hugs, Vicky ~x~

Adele said...

Beautiful card Stacey- the colours look amazing!

love Dingle.x

Anonymous said...

Your card is `gorgeous` Stacey...
Typical of me that!!!
Enjoy the rest of your week:)x

pickle said...

Lol Stacey your little stories do make me chuckle but it's just the kind of thing I would do..doh!
I would never have known that this one had been made in a hurry though it ios Gorgeous with a capital G. As is all your other work since my last visit
Kerry x

MarkerGeek said...

Lovely card, Stacey! You would never guess it was a last minute job! :)