Tuesday 4 August 2009

The Sugar Bowl - Challenge 16

If you are like me, sometimes you make a card that you struggled with, but that you are really proud of. Well, this is one of those cards. You see, I've always had difficulty putting lots of different pattern papers together (even from the same collection) and have always fretted that it was too much, or that the design looked overloaded. However, for this one, I literally forced myself to get on with it, and I'm so pleased I did as I love the result! :o)

I followed the sketch for this weeks challenge over on The Sugar Bowl. Unfortunately, I couldn't get any doodling in, not because it scares me (!), but because it didn't really fit the style of my card. Hope my entry still counts!

Goodie List........
Stamps: Sugar Nellie, Sentiment by Whiff of Joy.
Paper: Classic K 'Bailey' by K & Co, Bazzill 'Kraft' CS.
Ink & Colour: Memento (Tuxedo Black) & Copic markers.
Tools & Embellishments: Nestabilities, Fiskars Apron Lace punch, gems, ribbon and button from stash.

Best dash, I'm off to see some of Ali's family today and I still need to put me face on!
Pin It

18 comments:

Tiets said...

this is a gorgeous challenge card! thanks for joining!
Hugs Tiets

~amy~ said...

fabbie job Stacey! Love the pattern papers teamed up with the kraft and scallops!!

Victoria said...

This is beautiful Stacey. I love the combination of papers you've used. I too like you struggle to use lots of different patterned papers on the same card! Hope you have a lovely afternoon with Ali's family!
Hugs, Vicky ~x~

Rach said...

a gorgeous card Stacey.. fab combo of papers..love it.. hugs rachxx

Sharon said...

Lovely card Stacey.
Sharon x

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow totaly stunning and fabulous ,love it
hugs Dawnxxxx

Sarah said...

I can totally see why you love this card, it's just gorgeous! Those papers are really pretty and work well together. Daisy has been beautifully coloured, you should start giving lessons! ;0P
Hope you've had a good day.
xx :0)

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Beautiful card and your colouring is awesome :) The papers work perfectly together and you should be proud of this card..so stunning!!
Hugs Judy xx

Rachel Hope said...

OH Wow!!! This is Stunning, the coloring and paper choices are Perfect!!!

mel4christ said...

This is precious. Your coloring is amazing. I just love your blog. So inspirational. It's so good to be blog hopping again, hopefully I will actually start creating again. Such a pleasure visiting. TFS

Julie said...

This is so pretty Stacey, love the feminine papers and colours.

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Stacey,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers..

Hugs Riet.x

Lilian said...

Your choice of colors and coloring is just stunning! Beautiful work and you should be proud! LOVE it!! Thanks for joining the SB challenge and hope to see you in the next one too! Have a great day!

Sheila Hallworth said...

Completely gorgeous card Stacey, I just love it :)

Sheila xx

Kathy said...

Beautiful card Stacey!! I love the papers that you have used and Daisy is gorgeous in these colors!! Thanks so much for joining in the challenge :)Kathy

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, wonderful Daisy.
luv
Debby

http://acraftynutter.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

The result is outstanding Stacey ;)
It's no wonder you're glad you persevered with it ;)

ros said...

oh my gosh, this is beautiful. ur image is coloured perfectly and ur card is so sweet