Saturday 8 August 2009

My First Whimsy Card!

Oh, I just cannot believe that those 2 long weeks of holiday that I have been dreaming of for so long are almost up - back to work on Monday for me. I thought I was going to get masses of crafting done whilst I was off but no such luck. We've done a huge amount around the house though and got rid of lots of stuff, so it's not all bad. Just wish I had another week off.....!

Although, I am a very happy bunny still as my Whimsy DT kit arrived! Whoo-hoo! Denise posted it Monday from the US and it arrived in Southampton on Friday! How is that for service?! I was totally blown away by the quality of my new stampies too. For those of you who don't own any Whimsy stamps, each one is pre-mounted on super thick ez-mount stuff, and they each come in their own little resealable bag, with a lovely printed plastic index card. So practical for storage - I love them. Of course, I just HAD to get them inked up right away.....!

Isn't this little fella adorable?! Look at those gorgeous little lips, wish I had a pout like that! ;o)

Goodie List........
Stamps: Frog, Accessory Set 2, Animal Love Sentiments.
Paper: 3 Bugs in a Rug 'Snips & Snails' Stripe & Inch-worm from Dies to Die For.
Ink & Colour: Memento (Tuxedo Black) & Copic markers.

Hope you are all enjoying the sunshine, now that it has FINALLY arrived!

Pin It

10 comments:

MarkerGeek said...

Whimsy Stamps are fab quality aren't they?

Love the card, funnily enough I'm about to finish one off using this stamp!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Stacey,i love the image and papers.

hugs Riet.x

scrapn_momof2 said...

Cute card. Your coloring is great! Love your blog, lots of inspiration.

Jackie said...

What a fab card, I love the colours :o)
Jackie xx

Beth said...

Ooh, you're so lucky (getting fab stamps not going back to work!) This is such a fab card, I love the papers and colours - great for a mens card even! I hope you're having a lovely weekend!

Beth xx

Victoria said...

Love this card Stacey. Gorgeous papers and this little toad is so cute! I'm back to work tomorrow after a week off as well, wish I had another week off as well! :-(
Hugs, Vicky ~x~

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Love this card Stacey! Great layout and papers and your coloring is superb! Well done, enjoy those new stamps! :)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!! Good for Royal Mail as well. Thats good going from the US for them

Shell x

debby4000 said...

Oh what a sweet fellow and what a gorgeous card you've made with him.
luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Stacey, this is just perfect!! Love the beautiful coloring and the fun layout!! HUGS