Sunday 1 March 2009

Papertake Weekly & CCT Challenge Combo

Well, whilst I haven't managed to get a photo yet, I'm pleased to report that the hair is a success! Hurrah! Although, it's not quite as short as I wanted as the hairdresser bottled it a bit. That's ok though as it still looks nice. It's more of a shaggy bob now with short layers on top and quite cut in at the back. I'm very pleased :o)

I thought that I would be making loads of cards during my few days off but I have been utterly useless! The will has been there but I've been hopeless actually putting stuff together. As I always do when I get like this, I've gone back to basics and made a really simple but fun card. In the process, I also managed to combine two challenges - Papertake Weekly (fab sketch by Dawny P!) and also CCT's theme of 'Animal Magic'.

I am totally loving this image! It was one I got in a swap ages ago from Sheila and it is adorable! Once I figured out how to colour my sheepies, I was away. I love this paper as well, so bold and fun and perfect for this image. And I have to say, isn't this sketch amazing? One I shall defo be using again. Thanks Dawny!

Goodie List........
Stamps: Elzybells.
Paper: Pebbles Inc.
Ink & Colour: Copics and ProMarkers.
Embellishments: Freehand border doodle, computer generated sentiment printed on to Safmat.

Right, now I'm back in to the swing of things, I'm going to go and try to make as many cards as possible before I have to go back to work tomorrow. Boo, hiss....!

Thanks for visiting! Take care peeps,
Pin It

22 comments:

~amy~ said...

Whatta fun card Stacey and can't wait to see a pic of your sassy new hair!

Unknown said...

Such huge fun this card and I just love the colours you have chosen. Thanks so much for joining in with CCT. Lol Lynn ♥

Sue said...

Great card Stacey. Love the papers and the image, I'm a great Elzbells fan too. Sounds like you've been very brave at the hairdressers, look forward to seeing the new you!

lampwork beads by jo said...

lovely card

Sam said...

Cute card Stacey. Have had the same problem this weekend, got loads of cards to make for this week but nothing looks right. Have decided to blog hop and see if that jump starts my mojo!
Sam x

Deb said...

fabulous card, love the pretty colours and the image is such fun!
Thank you for joining in the CCT challenge, have a good evening, Debx

Bev said...

Fab card Stacey. Love the sweet image and gorgeous papers. x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

What a fun and cute image Stacey, love the colour scheme and dotty paper, Hugs, Nikki x

Julie said...

Very cute card, love the colours

Nicole Bailey said...

Oh your card is sooooo adorable! Love the little lambs and your coloring is just perfect!

Aimee said...

Great card! I love the sheepies and the sentiment!

Sheila Hallworth said...

Another fab production Stacey. Great use of bright colours. I love the subtle grey around everything and your doodling is fab. I'm going to have to use that layout too, it's great, isn't it?

Beth said...

Oh it's so cute and fun and the papers are perfect! I'm glad you're loving the Safmat film - I don't know how I lived without it! xx

debby4000 said...

Lovely fun card, fab colours.

Mrs Mayne said...

Lovely card - fab Elzy stamp and those papers are perfect for it! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge! x

tracey said...

great cards
and im sure your hair looks wicked hun xx

Sally said...

Hi Stacey - I have been given an award & have passed it onto you - you can find it on my blog.
Sal. x

Sue said...

Great card Stacey, luv the image great colouring, , gorgeous papers, fabby card, sue.x

Karen said...

What a great card Stacey. I just love these sheep - such fun.

Karen x

cats whiskers said...

Oh this is just so much fun dear love that great image and your colouring
Hugs Jacqui x

Rach said...

This is fabulous stacey.
that image is so sweet. your hair sounds awesome, glad that you are pleased with it.xxx

Carole said...

Beautiful card, such a fun image and great papers...so cute!
Hugs
Carole x